We’ve taken time to give you a detailed review of aimpoint aco vs pro. We’ve described each of them, compared them, and also given you a recommendation of what we think is the best optic for you.
Take a look at our comparison and rest assured of getting the best optic that suits your needs.
Aimpoint Carbine Optic (ACO) Sight
Designed for modern day sporting rifles, the Aimpoint Carbine Optic is a ready to mount & shoot type right out of the box.
It makes use of a 2 MOA red dots for maximum target acquisition as well as accuracy at all distances.
Besides that, its DL1/3N battery allows it for up to one year constant use. Also, its waterproof housing makes it fit for use in almost all environmental conditions.
That’s why for sportspersons, Aimpoint aco can be a good decisions. It is also worth noting that is brightness settings are great and make it good and fit for use in a wide array of light conditions.
To give you a better Aimpoint aco review, we’ve done our research on its features, pros and cons. Please have a look at them, so you get a clear picture of this product if you intend to acquire it. Check the price and reviews from Opticsplanet.
- It has 9 brightness settings to improve accuracy under varying light conditions
- It is completely waterproof hence usable in all weather conditions
- Single Dl1/3N battery that allows up to 1 year constant use
- 2 MOA Dot Reticle for maximum target acquisition
- Aluminum housing material for durability
- Perfect use in all environmental conditions
- Ready to mount and use
- Nice red dot
- Works great
- Slightly reduced battery life
Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle OpticEditor’s Choice
With amazing features, Aimpoint PRO improves sight performance especially in a little bit tough conditions that current day law enforcers face.
Unlike other rifle optics, it comes with a ready-to-go kit meaning that you’ll acquire it and immediately put it into action. Click here to check the price and more reviews on Opticsplanet.
Aside from that, Its hard-anodized 30mm tube encloses a highly efficient circuit that allows staying turned on for as long as three years.
So if you are tired of battery issues with the rifle optic you have at the moment, then you need to give a try to this Aimpoint pro.
For top performance with night vision devices, the Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic’s front lens is uniquely made with a band-pass coating.
To make it even better, its modular QRP2 mount has a removable spacer to index the sight at optimal height, a great feature for the carbine style weapons.
You can, however remove this spacer if you want to use it on police sub-machine or shotguns. For a more detailed Aimpoint pro review, the features highlighted below will give you all the information you need, so you weigh it well and make a perfect comparison with the Aimpoint aco.
- It is compatible with almost all night vision devices and in fact can be used with Concealed Engagement Unit as well as the Aimpoint 3X Magnifier
- Has strong retainer straps to keep pieces such as battery and adjustment cap together
- Hard anodized housing makes it waterproof and usable in real word conditions faced by law enforcers
- Has front and rear flip covers to protect and keep lenses as clean as possible
- Its transparent clip cover at the rear end allows use of the sight with both eyes open even if the two covers are closed in an emergency
- Unlike magnified scopes and iron sights, it has a high first shot hit probability and enhanced speed
- Its threaded front lens opening makes it usable with anti-reflection device
- Solidly made and high-quality finishes
- Can stay on for three years on a single battery
- Has brightness adjustment knob for accuracy
- Works great
- You might have to spend a little bit more than you would with other options since it is a high-quality optic with exceptionally excellent features
Aimpoint ACO VS PRO Comparison
Before we tabulate the differences between these two products, it’s also great to have knowledge of their similarities. First, when it comes to housing, they are both waterproof and you can use them in any environmental or weather condition.
Secondly, they are both great when it comes target acquisition and accuracy. Moreover, they both have brightness adjustment settings to meet the different needs of the users.
So if these are the bases for your choice, you’ll definitely not have a reason to select one over the other. That’s why it’s good to have the knowledge of the differences between them to help you pick the best optic between them.
Well, we’ve made work easier for you and listed them below:
|Aimpoint Carbine Optic (ACO) Sight||Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic|
|1 year of battery life||Over 3 years of battery life|
|Designed for civilian shooters and sporting||Specifically designed for cops|
|It’s not compatible with night vision||Compatible with night vision|
|It has nine brightness settings||One ultra-bright setting|
Having looked at these two products, you must already be having a choice in mind that you’ll go for in the market. Different people select differently and are usually influenced by what they use their rifles for and their desired performance.
If you are a sportsperson, your approach to choosing one will be a little bit different from that of a law enforcer. But as a general rule of thumb, the best ways to narrow down the options when weighing Aimpoint carbine optic vs Aimpoint pro is to have a deep look at their features, pros and cons as well. As you might have already noted, there is a difference, and that should guide you in making a decision on which one to buy.Basing on its superior features, high-quality and amazing performance, we would without any doubt recommend the Aimpoint PRO (Patrol Rifle Optic).
Remember the accuracy as well as the compatibility with all generations of night vision devices. Indeed, it’s the best product and worth every penny. Go for it!
Read next article: Vortex Strike Eagle Vs Viper PST
Go back to read more reviews about scopes.