Your m&p shield holster should give you the ability to draw and re-holster your weapon, at will and with ease.
If you are looking for the best iwb holster for m&p shield I have great news!
In this article we will be reviewing the most common holsters that will fit your M&P Shield!
The popular models are usually the concealed types. IWB holsters also come in a variety of variants, so you will need to make informed choices in selecting the most appropriate holster for your fire weapon.The Holsters mentioned in this review will all fit the M&P Shield.
Lirisy Inside the Waistband Holster
If you are in Law enforcement or are licensed to carry a weapon, then the Lirisy inside Waistband Holster will serve you well. For starters, the Lirisy fits a variety of hand guns and compact pistols, making it a versatile holster.
The best iwb holster for m&p shield is made from proprietary neoprene, which gives it excellent durability and longevity.
The manufacturers of this holster put the user in mind with attention to detail in base material, design and build.
- The Lisiry features a sturdy snap button that keeps the gun secure and allows for a quick and noiseless draw.
- The holster comes with a heavy duty belt clip that ensures your weapon stays put in whatever situation.
- The neoprene base material confers durability on the holster, allowing it to breathe.
- The holster is wrapped on the outside with sturdy 600D nylon to prevent wear and tear.
- The Lirisy is light-weight.
- The Lirisy has enhanced flexibility with a configuration to adapt to the wearer’s body movement.
- It is comfortable to use.
- The shield iwb holster is good for buyers on a budget.
- The retention strap and snap assembly needs improvement.
CYA Supply Co. IWB Holster
The first thing that strikes you about the CYA Supply Co. IWB Holster is its attractive luster and smooth finish. This quality comes from Boltaron thermoplastic. This material gives the CYA Holster extreme durability as well as great resistance to chemical and abrasive degradation.
Also, this base material confers on this holster high impact strength and the ability to retain its shape under high heat conditions. For those users moved by sound effects, there is a positive audible click as the gun/weapon is snapped into place. This sound is possible with the presence of a strong groove in the trigger guard.
- The waistband of the CYA IWB holster comes with an easily-adjustable pressure latch.
- An efficient sweat guard covers the full length of the holster.
- The CYA IWB holster is lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- The clips of the holster have long adjustable retention.
- The m&p shield holster has excellent retention control.
- None found
Alien Gear Holsters Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB Holster
The Alien Gear Holsters Cloak Tuck Holster is an industry-winning holster for many reasons. First of all, it combines performance and comfort. These features result from the gun holster having a base material of form-fitting neoprene as well as a flexible exoskeleton that requires no breakout time.
The mechanism of the Cloak Tuck 3.0 is configured with a spring steel core and ballistic nylon which gives the holster flexibility without warp.
The retention casing of the Tuck can custom-fit any hand gun because it is adjustable. Hence you can carry multiple pistols without any adverse effect on fit and retention.
- The belt clips of the Tuck 3.0 are adjustable for ride height and cant angle.
- The holster is firm but also flexible.
- The holster has a proprietary thermo-elastic polymer surface, which gives it a nice surface finish.
- The holster is water-proof.
- Users commend the build of the Tuck 3.0.
- The holster is easy to put on.
- The Tuck 3.0 sits in one place and does not wiggle or wander.
- Inadequate adjustment, especially for larger guns.
OUTBAGS LOB3S-SHIELD IWB Gun Holster
The Outbag Lob3S Shield comes from years of research and development, taken from users’ inputs and recommendations. The manufacturers place a great premium on product quality.
That is why every single one of these holsters is hand crafted and hand-dyed, using top grade leather material. The durability and longevity of the Outbag are assured by a clear, outer protective coat. Structurally, the Outbag outperforms its peers; giving users the firmness and flexibility they need in drawing and re-holstering their weapons.
- The Outbag gives a snug fit.
- The holster breaks in quickly.
- The holster has excellent retention property.
- The machine stitching is excellently executed.
- The holster comes in a compact design.
- Some users complained that the clip retention of the Outbag is too tight.
- Some users noted that the holster is a bit bulky.
- The metal clip can be improved upon.
- The holster is not suitable for large weapons.
New Barsony Brown Leather IWB Holster
The New Barsony Brown IWB Holster is a stellar entrant in the best holster for m&p category of gun holsters. The designers combine functionality, quality, and performance in this shield iwb holster.
Much thought is also given to users who are either right or left-handed; so you can make purchase variants of the New Barsony IWB Holster based on such considerations.
You get more value from the New Barsony holster as it also features a magazine pouch that can be attached to the holster.
- The New Barsony features precision stitching that gives it a sophisticated look and feel.
- The holster is light-weight.
- The holster works with belts with widths of up to 1.75 inches.
- It has a compact design.
- It is easy to wear and very comfortable.
- It has good retention capability.
- The New Barsony holds the weapon securely.
- Some users recommend a long time for the holster to break in.
- A few users noted that the belt clip is a bit too short.
Choosing the best iwb holster is an essential part of the puzzle for carrying a weapon safely and for deploying it effectively. Your chief considerations in selecting a gun holster will border on affordability, functionality, durability and the versatility of the holster among other considerations.
The winner of this review is the CYA IWB Holster. Check it out here.
You have selected your gun of choice. Now you need a reliable means of carrying your weapon from place to place. The following tips can help you make the right decision in purchasing the best iwb holster for m&p shield:
Weapon and Personal Security
Owning and carrying a gun is not child’s play. Hence you should go for a holster that not only holds your firearm securely but also guards against accidental discharge. Your preferred holster for m&p shield should have an efficient trigger guard mechanism. The guard’s function is to cover the entire trigger mechanism, to avoid accidental discharge.
When the situation calls for it, you would want to reach for and draw your gun without difficulty. This feature is usually a compromise between security and ease of draw. The logic is that the more deeply concealed your weapon is, the slower you would be able to draw it. The best iwb holster for m&p shield are of the outside-the-waistband variety, so that it easier for you to reach your weapon, while still keeping it out of view.
An essential element to the ease of access is the cant. The cant is the angle at which the gun sits in the holster. This angle is determined by the individual, and your selected holster should have adjustable cant orientations.
Some people prefer to carry their weapons concealed. In fact, some countries/regions have laws that stipulate the covert carrying of guns. Your m&p shield iwb holster should hide your gun such that there are no visible outlines through your clothing. Present day smith and Wesson shield holster concealment come with additional features that break the contours of your weapon.
You should go for a holster that will serve you for an extended period. In this case, the base material of the holster is necessary. Leather-based casings for holsters are a good candidate in this regard.
Maintains its form
Your ideal shield iwb holster must be able to retain its shape, without or without your weapon, in any given situation.
Retention is an important attribute for your preferred shield iwb holster. This feature comes into play when you are engaged in a physical confrontation like hand-to-hand combat. In this case, you do not want your weapon falling away, especially if you need to use it later.
Looking for another holster?